Instagram TV Tutorial: How To Upload Videos Using a Web Browser
Upload to IGTV from a laptop or desktop
Instagram TV or IGTV was released in late June 2018. Some features may take a few weeks to roll out globally according to Instagram.
Instagram TV Help:
How to upload videos from a web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc) on your desktop or laptop to Instagram TV.
Note: Video tutorial (1:45 minutes) below all the steps if you want to skip reading the steps.
Size Requirements for IGTV Video:
- Orientation: Portrait (Vertical)
- Aspect Ratio: 9:16
- Dimensions (Recommended):1080 pixels wide x 1920 pixels tall
- File Size: Under 650 MB
- Duration:15 seconds long (minimum)….10 minutes long (maximum)
- Verified & Large Accounts: Videos up to 1-hour long (must use web browser to upload. Will not work on mobile devices)
The Steps (Instructions):
- Open Google Chrome or Web Browser of Choice.
- Go to: https://instagram.com/userprofile (your profile name on Insta)
- Click Log in Upper Right
- Enter Security Pin Sent to Phone (if applicable)
- Click IGTV (middle tab)
- Click Upload
- Drag & Drop Video or Click + symbol
- Upload video
- Click ‘Edit’ to change cover thumbnail image
- Add Title
- Add Description
- Post To Facebook (Optional)
- Post or Save to Draft
Get a head start on this new platform!